Accounted for in the Park Establishment Agreement from April 24, 1996 and since acquiring Tundra Buggy Tours in 1999, FNA has had the exclusive opportunity to host guests at Cape Churchill inside Wapusk National Park.
On October 19, 2007 the Wapusk National Park Management Plan was tabled by the Minister of the Environment and approved by Canadian Parliament. The new Management Plan made clear that after 2009, FNA would be required to participate in a competitive bid process in order to win the right host guests at the Cape. On June 19th, 2009, we submitted our bid to operate at the Cape Churchill during 2010 – 2015.
At about 10:30 this morning we were on the phone with Cam Elliot, Parks Canada Agency’s superintendent for Wapusk National Park and he communicated to us FNA’s was the winning bid to receive a business license to operate at Cape Churchill between 2010 and 2015.
Thank you to all of you for your support in preparing our nomination and getting it out the door. Specially:
• Buggy Drivers and Tour Leaders — thank you for your timely responses providing us with your varied, relevant and impressive lists of accreditations. Wow!
• Jaime Dzikowski — thank you for composing Category 4(ii) Commitment to Regional Communities and thank you for organizing 32 appendixes and helping proofread, format, print, collate and get the proposal out the door!
• Michelle Manary — thank you for getting out butt in gear on Category 1(ii) Experience and for composing Job Profile Summary and Policy appendixes!
• George Crombie — thank you for your work on the Buggy Lodge grey water project appendix!
• Kim Milne — thank you for providing us the broad strokes of Category 4(i) Recruitment of Aboriginal Staff!
• Bruce Birchard — thank you for your critical evaluation and keeping us on-track!
• Bruce Birchard and Kim Milne — thank you for composing Category 3(ii) Return to the Crown!
• Laura Fabro — thank you for your help on formatting and getting the proposal out the door!
• Stephanie Burke — thank you for your help preparing the Itinerary appendix!
This is a big deal for our little company! Thank you all for your support!